Translate

Search This Blog

2012/12/18

Dress Rehearsal

Today I had my dress rehearsal for The Nutcracker. We got to rehearse in our mice costumes on stage at the Four Seasons Centre. It wasn't with the orchestra though, we had a piano accompanist. I'm not sure who it was because I was focused on my part. The mouse costume has a little belly that hangs down to my legs. I had a little trouble coming out of the box while I was in the costume, but now I know what to do in the performance.

We spent most of the time waiting with our chaperone in the Karen Kain Studio. We played games like Connect Four, Go Fish, and Memory. We got to snack when we wanted to. We didn't get to see the rest of the rehearsal because it was really busy back stage.

The stage was all set up, and there were even paper snowflakes falling. It looked really cool!

If you'd like to see me in costume, you'll have to come to the performance!
Hope to see you there.

My performance dates are:
  • Sunday, December 23rd at 1pm
  • Saturday, December 29th at 5:30pm
  • Friday, January 4th at 1pm
(The performance schedule is 'subject to change')

You can buy tickets online on the National Ballet of Canada's website:
http://national.ballet.ca/



By the way, today was the 120th anniversary of the first performance of Pytor Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker in Russia. People didn't love it right away but people all over the world love it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment